Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Make Your Own Glitter Glue


This morning I have spent time playing with glitter.  The room is sparkling, my key board is glittering and I am twinkling like a Christmas fairy.  I have got it all over the place.

I've been experimenting with glitter glue.  Initially I used a branded product, but the slow drying time was annoying, so I thought I's try some alternatives.


The first was cheep glitter nail polish.  this worked well, but was smelly and on a wet miserable windy day, I don't really want to have to have the door open.  Sparkle was really good though.

The next thing I tried was making my own.  I tipped fine glitter into PVA glue and mixed, then applied.  My initial thoughts were oh heck as it goes on white and the sparkle is concealed, but within a few minutes the glue had dried and the sparkle was even, stable and very sparkly.  So that's what I shall be doing in the future.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...